Monday, March 05, 2007

And on a Lighter Note!

Get to know me. This was on Penless Thoughts.
Homemaking Meme

Aprons - Y/N? If, Y, what does your favorite look like?
Yes, It is from Costa Rica

Baking - Favorite thing to bake?
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Clothesline - Y/N?
Yes, After not having one for so long in the jungle, I am really enjoying it.

Donuts - Have you ever made them?
Yes, but Clint's are better.

Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day:
Dishes

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes.

Garbage Disposal - Y/N?
No, unless the dogs count?

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?
My New Tribes of Venezuela Cook book

Ironing - Love it or hate it?
I love to have my daughters do it!!

Junk drawer - Y/N? Where is it?
Yes, in the kitchen, but my husbands office is his catch all.

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme.
Builders Beige

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Preparing meals

Mop - Y/N?
Yes. But here we use a coleta. Its a big squeegee with a rag

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Only wear them in the states. Its too hot here. But I wash by hand

Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven door to check?
I have to open the door

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Lots of cheese and Italian sausage. Home made is best. I put cheese in the edges and roll them up and baste them with Italian dressing.Makes a great crust.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read, and check the news, I am a news junkie! And, blog, of course!

Recipe card box?
No, a zip lock baggie

Style of house?
We are in a rented two story typical Venezuelan house. cement with tile roof.

Tablecloths and napkins -
I use tablecloths everyday.But not cloth napkins.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Depends on what day of the week it is! HE HE

Vacuum - How many times per week?
No carpet , all tile floors.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
I do mine and my husbands twice a week, about 3 or 4 loads. Each of my girls do their own, usually once a week.

X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Not regular daily stuff, but I do for major projects or when I am involving others.

Yard - Y/N? Who does what?
My husband does all the mowing and Jewel keeps up the flower beds.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Tidying up the kitchen. I cant stand to wake up to a messy kitchen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I just left a comment on your post entitled: "Meet My Children".
Don't know how I looked over that oneSince it has some of my favorite people in it! It was sweet! Loved your meme. I did it too! Could you post a photo or your apron from Costa Rica?

Susan said...

Enjoyed learning more about you! I found the "coleta" an interesting concept. You'll have to post a picture.