Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I held a Jewel

Today my Jewel is 21!



Jewel was born with an attitude!


She could never sit still for picture taking!



She has always enjoyed any type of hand work.
Here she is watching an indian lady make a hammock.



No matter where she is, she will find a way to be helpful.



She is always up for an adventure.



She loved canoeing on the river in the jungle.



A rough and tumble kid!


She has always loved babies and will make a great mom one day.



Loves drama.


She learned from other cultures that there are different ways to do things.


She makes friends easily!





She has always been interested in medicine.


She would be a great nurse.


Always was a bit of a tomboy.


Very competitive.



She has become a real beauty...






And I keep wondering ,
"Where has my little, tough, tomboy gone?"




I HELD A JEWEL

I held a jewel in my fingers
And went to sleep
The day was warm, and winds were prosy
I said, "Twill keep"

I woke - and chide my honest fingers,
The Gem was gone
And now, an Amethyst remembrance
Is all I own
BY EMILY DICKINSON.

3 comments:

Danica Newton said...

Congrats to Jewel! This brought tears to my eyes, I know it won't be long before my own princess, now 4, will be 21! Holding onto these moments as they slip by like beads on a string ...

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Jewel! (Sorry this is late--I'm just now reading this!) Congrats to you and Clint for a job well done!

Unknown said...

Wow what a perfect poem to go with your daughter! This was a beautiful post Rita.